- (Especially of popular music) straightforward or simple: his more straight-ahead jazz-funk past they could sound straight-ahead and boring a straight-ahead comparison between the two partiesMore example sentences
- His mastery of straight-ahead jazz is on display here, in spite of the unconventional source material.
- If the goal was to produce a simple, straight-ahead rocker, then the band have succeeded.
- At five minutes long, the track is an oddity on an album of searing, straight-ahead punk rock that takes not one prisoner.
More definitions of straight-aheadDefinition of straight-ahead in:
- The US English dictionary