- With a blank or serious facial expression: ‘Are you going to rescue me, then?’ Elaine asked, straight-facedMore example sentences
- So there we were, declaiming the lines, complete with interpretive dance, and the audience sat there completely straight-faced and took everything seriously.
- He is a master of dry straight-faced witty delivery and he brings a subtle sense of pathos to a script that has a tendency to milk its gags to death.
- ‘The normal process of consultation was carried out,’ said the Prime Minister's remarkably straight-faced spokesman yesterday.
More definitions of straight-facedDefinition of straight-faced in:
- The US English dictionary