- 1Containing, characterized by, or relating to straight lines or motion in a straight line: a straight-line graph the Porsche’s straight-line stabilityMore example sentences
- Tracing the light back as a straight-line path, it appears to us that the star has shifted its position in the celestial sky.
- Circular, rather than straight-line motion was the natural state of the Aristotelian celestial world.
- Drive comfort has been helped by the specially adjusted chassis to cope with European roads, fitted with stout anti-roll bars and a wide track, so maintaining a straight-line stability.
- 2 Finance Relating to a method of depreciation allocating a given percentage of the cost of an asset each year for a fixed period.More example sentences
- Depreciation is provided on the straight-line method over the estimated useful lives of the assets.
- The tax code allows for both straight-line depreciation and an accelerated cost recovery system.
- Five-year straight-line depreciation is applied to the equipment.
More definitions of straight-lineDefinition of straight-line in:
- The US English dictionary