noun• informal , chiefly North American
- An honest and forthright person: Candace is a plain talker and a straight shooterMore example sentences
- He is widely praised as honest and a straight shooter.
- He's a straight shooter, honest, and he knows everything that is going on in media.
- But they seem like straight shooters who understand blogs, and their business model is interesting.
- More example sentences
- I feel lucky to have cultivated solid relationships with three decent, straight-shooting recruiters over the years, using them for hiring and finding new jobs for myself.
- The straight-shooting, hard-drinking, hard-hitting, private detective has been a staple of American cinema for almost sixty years.
- Everyone professes to think Dean's a straight-shooting kind of guy.
More definitions of straight shooterDefinition of straight shooter in:
- The US English dictionary