Definition of straight shooter in English:
nouninformal , chiefly North American
An honest and forthright person: Candace is a plain talker and a straight shooter
More example sentences
- He is widely praised as honest and a straight shooter.
- He's a straight shooter, honest, and he knows everything that is going on in media.
- But they seem like straight shooters who understand blogs, and their business model is interesting.
- Example sentences
- I feel lucky to have cultivated solid relationships with three decent, straight-shooting recruiters over the years, using them for hiring and finding new jobs for myself.
- The straight-shooting, hard-drinking, hard-hitting, private detective has been a staple of American cinema for almost sixty years.
- Everyone professes to think Dean's a straight-shooting kind of guy.
Definition of straight shooter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan