Definition of straight shooter in English:
nouninformal, chiefly North American
An honest and forthright person: Candace is a plain talker and a straight shooter
More example sentences
- He is widely praised as honest and a straight shooter.
- He's a straight shooter, honest, and he knows everything that is going on in media.
- But they seem like straight shooters who understand blogs, and their business model is interesting.
- straight-shooting adjective
- Example sentences
- I feel lucky to have cultivated solid relationships with three decent, straight-shooting recruiters over the years, using them for hiring and finding new jobs for myself.
- The straight-shooting, hard-drinking, hard-hitting, private detective has been a staple of American cinema for almost sixty years.
- Everyone professes to think Dean's a straight-shooting kind of guy.
Definition of straight shooter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.