- A single short separate embroidery stitch.More example sentences
- Basic hand-sewing techniques were demonstrated: a whip stitch and a straight stitch, along with how to thread a needle and make a knot.
- For machine appliqué, set the sewing machine for a medium-length straight stitch and stitch around each petal and leaf outer edge, tracing the petal shapes.
- Stitch with the straight stitches on the extended section, barely catching the fold with the left swing of the needle.
More definitions of straight stitchDefinition of straight stitch in:
- The US English dictionary