noun[mass noun] Mechanics
- Energy stored in an elastic body under loading: ligaments and tendons are elastic structures that can store strain energy, like a spring determinations of the form of the strain energy functionMore example sentences
- These are elastic structures that can store strain energy, like a spring.
- That is, if the change in elastic strain energy due to crack extension is larger than the energy required to create new crack surfaces, crack propagation will occur.
- Renewable stresses are those that persist because of continued re-application of the causative forces despite continual dissipation of the resulting strain energy.
More definitions of strain energyDefinition of strain energy in:
- The US English dictionary