- A device for indicating the strain of a material or structure at the point of attachment.More example sentences
- All of these work using a device called a strain gauge that is sensitive to very small changes in weight.
- Inside the torque sensor is a strain gauge with an output wire attached.
- ‘The strain gauge sensors are sacrificed for each placement,’ he adds, ‘but you can also use ‘surface pressure cells’ which are permanently mounted on the forms and can be reused.’
More definitions of strain gaugeDefinition of strain gauge in:
- The US English dictionary