- A subatomic particle classified as having a non-zero value for strangeness.More example sentences
- We now know that protons and pions are made up of up and down quarks, while these ‘strange particles’ have at least one of a new type of quark that is much like the down quark, only heavier.
- The enhanced production of strange particles in heavy ion collisions is considered an important signature of the presence of a Quark-Gluon Plasma.
- One of the huge tasks that the strangeness group is faced with is counting all the strange particles released from the collision.
More definitions of strange particleDefinition of strange particle in:
- The US English dictionary