- 1The state or fact of being strange.More example sentences
oddity, eccentricity, oddness, peculiarity, curiousness, bizarreness, weirdness, queerness, unexpectedness, unusualness, abnormality, atypicality, unfamiliarity, unaccountability, inexplicability, incongruity, incongruousness, outlandishness, irregularity, singularity; freakishness, surrealness
- But now, this t-shirt redeems all the other strangenesses.
- As previously, it is not the ‘veracity’ of the painting that concerns her but its semiotic complexities and strangenesses.
- One of the strangenesses of books on writing fiction is the way that each one is written as if there are not whole libraries full of similar manuals out there, and a constant stream of new ones coming along.
- 2 Physics One of six flavours of quark.More example sentences
- The short answer is that strangeness refers to the amount of strange quark content in a given baryon.
- In our modern understanding, strangeness is conserved during the strong and the electromagnetic interactions, but not during the weak interactions.
- Conservation of strangeness is not in fact an independent conservation law.