Definition of strangeness in English:
1The state or fact of being strange.
- But now, this t-shirt redeems all the other strangenesses.
- As previously, it is not the ‘veracity’ of the painting that concerns her but its semiotic complexities and strangenesses.
- One of the strangenesses of books on writing fiction is the way that each one is written as if there are not whole libraries full of similar manuals out there, and a constant stream of new ones coming along.
oddity, eccentricity, oddness, peculiarity, curiousness, bizarreness, weirdness, queerness, unexpectedness, unusualness, abnormality, atypicality, unfamiliarity, unaccountability, inexplicability, incongruity, incongruousness, outlandishness, irregularity, singularity;
2 Physics One of six flavours of quark.
- The short answer is that strangeness refers to the amount of strange quark content in a given baryon.
- In our modern understanding, strangeness is conserved during the strong and the electromagnetic interactions, but not during the weak interactions.
- Conservation of strangeness is not in fact an independent conservation law.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan