noun[mass noun] Medicine
A condition caused by blockage or irritation at the base of the bladder, resulting in severe pain and a strong desire to urinate.
- This product is used to treat heat strangury due to down rushing of damp heat, heat combining in bladder.
- It mainly treats syphilitic strangury and turbidity, diarrhea, foot qi, welling abscesses, and swollen sores.
- When non-toxic doses have produced strangury it may be relieved by opium and camphor, and large draughts of water.
- Example sentences
- The main symptom of strangurious conditions is urinary irritation.
- It is used for liver channel damp heat pouring downward with painful, rough, strangurious urination.
Late Middle English: via Latin from Greek strangouria, from stranx, strang- 'drop squeezed out' + ouron 'urine'.
Definition of strangury in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.