- A relatively autonomous division of a large company that operates as an independent enterprise with responsibility for a particular range of products or activities: these strategic business units are responsible for their own profit or loss but are answerable to the top managementMore example sentences
- The company has six strategic business units for its export business including the agricultural, textile, metal, energy and agrochemical units.
- The company had been separated into three separate strategic business units, he said.
- The bill would give local authorities, particularly their strategic business units, an undue competitive advantage over other competing businesses.
More definitions of strategic business unitDefinition of strategic business unit in:
- The US English dictionary