- A person who buys something on behalf of someone else in order to circumvent legal restrictions or enable fraud: straw buyers purchased weapons and passed them on to cartels and criminalsMore example sentences
- The indictment says that a bank employee, who is not named, provided a document for submission to a lender that falsely stated a straw buyer had a certain amount of money on deposit at the bank.
- In that operation, federal agents monitored straw buyers who bought about 2,000 guns, but did not intervene to arrest them or seize the weapons because they were trying to identify higher-ups in the network.
- In the investigation, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives allowed suspected low-level straw buyers for the gun trafficking network to purchase and transport guns.
More definitions of straw buyerDefinition of straw buyer in:
- The US English dictionary