- A small edible mushroom which grows on rice straw, cultivated in South East Asia.
More example sentences
- Volvariella volvacea, family Agaricaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- For instance, oyster mushrooms and straw mushrooms can be grown on the flat plains all through the year.
- Whiter than white chicken strips lie submerged in a pond of fresh coriander, tasty lemongrass, tomato cubes, sprouts, ginger, sliced bamboo shoots and tiny straw mushroom bonnets.
- My chu chu beef has been lovingly marinated to within an inch of its bovine life, and arrives complete with tangy spring onions, straw mushrooms and slices of carrot adorably cut into crab shapes.