- A raggedly dressed homeless child wandering the streets: the street Arabs gave him an awful timeMore example sentences
- He swears that the murderer was a young boy of around ten, probably a street Arab.
- They are always amazed at the number of bars as compared to churches - 111 Protestant churches, chapels and places of worship below Fourteenth Street, 4,065 saloons-and shocked at the presence of ‘street Arabs,’ homeless boys.
- There is one reference to this street in Van Gogh's letters, where, on c.17 September 1888, he refers disparagingly to ‘street Arabs’ and ‘loafers’ in the Rue du Bout d' Arles.
More definitions of street ArabDefinition of street Arab in:
- The US English dictionary