- The cries used by street traders to advertise their wares.More example sentences
- The first street cry of the day, shortly after cock-crow, was from the milkman, to the accompaniment of a timpani of clanking cans and ladles.
- In 1910 one Chicago wagon peddler, arrested under the new anti-noise ordinance banning street cries, had fought his conviction all the way to the Illinois Supreme Court, only to lose.
- Despite the passage of the new 1909 ordinance, resistance continued and street cries continued even after the new rules went into force on 1 January 1910.
More definitions of street criesDefinition of street cries in:
- The US English dictionary