Definition of street entertainer in English:
A person who entertains the public in the street, especially with music, acting, or juggling.
- Among them is Robert Stredder, a street entertainer and performance artist.
- I have had to work as a street entertainer in Blackburn, and at all the festivals, to get some recognition.
- It is to make the distinction, he says, between somebody like himself who is a bona-fide musician, and those who think because they can squeeze an out-of-tune note out of a penny whistle it makes them a street entertainer.
street entertainment noun
- Example sentences
- Free events including professional performances of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, street entertainment and Settle's first farmers' market take place in the town this weekend.
- Visitors will be able to enjoy themed market stalls, craft demonstrations, interactive workshops and strolling street entertainment.
- There will be music from calypso to barbershop, street entertainment from cheerleader displays to circus skills workshops, and a host of other excitement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India