- Prepared or cooked food sold by vendors in a street or other public location for immediate consumption: Chinatown comes alive during the summer with night markets where hawkers sell sizzling street food after dark [count noun]: the chefs have created dishes inspired by traditional street foodsMore example sentences
- Chichingas, like kebabs, and chawarma, similar to a doner kebab, are popular street foods.
- Many of the street foods available across the city, derive from village traditions and are packaged in plant materials such as banana leaves - natural wrappers which function as biodegradable serving dishes when unfolded.
- However, potatoes as street food in the early 19th century mostly took the form of hot baked potatoes and these were a seasonal trade.
More definitions of street foodDefinition of street food in:
- The US English dictionary