Definition of streetwalker in English:
A prostitute who seeks clients in the street.
- Certainly Roman men attended brothels or frequented streetwalkers, while most prostitutes would have been slaves, and doubtless had short and miserable lives.
- Take the hustlers, beggars and streetwalkers who ply their dubious services along Beach Road and some of the other popular streets in the area, for example.
- I wrote about runaway girls, streetwalkers, and junkies.
streetwalking noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- Selective enforcement did help cluster brothels and streetwalking in poor areas close to the central business districts.
- After Liberation in 1949, with the rectification and reorganization of the social order, the practice of streetwalking, pimping and whoremongering was ordered eliminated.
- Municipal officials generally agreed with merchants that segregated prostitution was far better than streetwalking.
Words that rhyme with streetwalkerhillwalker
Definition of streetwalker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan