- 1Having the skills and knowledge necessary for dealing with modern urban life: I wasn’t streetwise enough to figure out what he had in mindMore example sentences
- Yeah, she's got grade A's in every O-level, but when it comes to general knowledge or being streetwise, she struggles a bit sometimes.
- Poulter is streetwise enough not to bite the hand that feeds.
- The striker is only 19 but was still streetwise enough to cut across Balde as he entered the box.
- 1.1Reflective of modern urban life, especially that of urban youth: streetwise fashionMore example sentences
- It seems trite to refer to this band as sassy or streetwise or sophisticated because that's what everybody says.
- Skinny suggests active. Skinny is more fashionable, more streetwise, more plugged-in, but not if you are seen to be struggling to maintain it.
- It's stuffed full of Japanese cultural references, slang, and streetwise situations.