nounMedicine , • informal
- short for streptococcus.More example sentences
- His wife Sally was rushed into emergency surgery on Friday with the strep A bacteria infecting her leg.
- During this period Jonas Salk was in medical school, becoming a research assistant to a chemistry professor and developing ways to harvest the strep bacterium for further study.
- They react to tissues in the heart valves as though they were the strep bacteria and cause the heart valves to thicken and scar.
More definitions of strepDefinition of strep in:
- The US English dictionary