1Striped or streaked.
- At once delicate and furious, the streaks of colour are striated and shot-through with Botticelli-esque contrast.
- The nephrogram has a streaky and striated appearance reflecting stasis of contrast in the dilated collecting tubules which can be prolonged for days after the IVP.
- Up she rose, cheek against his chest, to the part of the water that is cool blue, striated with wiggling white lines that mean the sunlight is strong and warm and not too far away.
1.1 technical Marked with striae.
- On the top of the massifs, the survey imaged flat-lying corrugated and striated surfaces up to 10 km across that are considered to represent detachment faults exposed at the sea floor.
- Barycrinus species display the greatest variety and degree of ornamentation; individuals display smooth, granulose, nodose, ridged, and striated plate surface texture.
- These Gaucher cells had voluminous pale basophilic cytoplasm with a crinkled, striated appearance.
Words that rhyme with striatedbelated, elated, mismated, outdated, overinflated, unabated, undated, unrated, unrelated, unstated, X-rated
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: stri|ated
Definition of striated in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.