Definition of strickle in English:
1A rod used to level off a heaped measure.
- This last application of the strickle was used to accurately delineate decorative bands on the piece, as well as to locate the position of the trunnions.
- Rotating the strickle around the mould ensures that it is circular.
- Among the necessary tools for their construction, we can mention as basic, a bench drill machine or manual, strickles, wrenches and as accessory instruments males and wicks of different caliber.
2A whetting tool.
- In 1885 Alfred Lawson purchased the Redenhall foundry but apparently he did not use any of its strickles or stamps.
- Many cutting tools were sharpened with strickles or whetstones.
- The sides of the strickle are smeared with grease upon which fine gritty sand is sprinkled freely; nothing gives a better edge to a scythe than this.
Definition of strickle in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan