Definition of strife in English:
1Angry or bitter disagreement over fundamental issues; conflict: strife within the community decades of civil strife
More example sentences
- Many Iraqis hope that it will head off sectarian strife and even civil war.
- Others said Allah was angry that Muslims were killing Muslims in ongoing civil strife.
- Plainly, this kind of guarantee is socially divisive, a recipe for religious controversy if not civil strife.
1.1Australian /NZ Trouble or difficulty of any kind.
- If the labour market doesn't evolve to accommodate the needs of working mothers, there will be strife at home.
- But even so, Fan says an atmosphere of strife and polarisation remains in the society at large.
- One of these days my lack of shame is going to get me into strife.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan