Definition of strife in English:
1Angry or bitter disagreement over fundamental issues; conflict: strife within the community decades of civil strife
More example sentences
- Many Iraqis hope that it will head off sectarian strife and even civil war.
- Others said Allah was angry that Muslims were killing Muslims in ongoing civil strife.
- Plainly, this kind of guarantee is socially divisive, a recipe for religious controversy if not civil strife.
1.1Australian /NZ Trouble or difficulty of any kind.
- If the labour market doesn't evolve to accommodate the needs of working mothers, there will be strife at home.
- But even so, Fan says an atmosphere of strife and polarisation remains in the society at large.
- One of these days my lack of shame is going to get me into strife.