A person who works or is employed in place of others who are on strike, thereby making the strike ineffectual.
- The local press ignored them, probably because there was no colliery in the community and there was therefore no local story of strike-breakers crossing picket lines.
- The Municipal Corporation has employed strike-breakers.
- The workers are also concerned about the NAC's willingness to employ strike-breakers.
- Example sentences
- The trade union bureaucracy has even organised strike-breaking efforts on behalf of Lufthansa management.
- Fiji, South Korea, China and Pakistan were highlighted for strike-breaking and the imposition of heavy prison terms and fines.
Definition of strike-breaker in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.