Definition of strike-breaker in English:
A person who works or is employed in place of others who are on strike, thereby making the strike ineffectual.
- The local press ignored them, probably because there was no colliery in the community and there was therefore no local story of strike-breakers crossing picket lines.
- The Municipal Corporation has employed strike-breakers.
- The workers are also concerned about the NAC's willingness to employ strike-breakers.
- Example sentences
- The trade union bureaucracy has even organised strike-breaking efforts on behalf of Lufthansa management.
- Fiji, South Korea, China and Pakistan were highlighted for strike-breaking and the imposition of heavy prison terms and fines.
Definition of strike-breaker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan