- A metal plate attached to a door jamb or lidded container, against which the end of a spring-lock bolt strikes when the door or lid is closed.More example sentences
- The recesses that are left from the removal of the hinges and striker plate now need to be filled.
- The new striker plate is thicker than the old, but I reused the shims that were under the old one.
- The rim lock is aligned with the striker plate using the paper-fixing template provided.
More definitions of striker plateDefinition of striker plate in:
- The US English dictionary