- (Especially among jazz musicians) a double bass.More example sentences
- With bassist John Heard at Hamp's elbow, their string bass and vibes merged solidly throughout the program.
- ‘The Bells’ drifts lazily on the gentle dissonant pulsations between bass clarinet and string bass.
- He is currently studying jazz at Humber College and performed a stellar piano jazz number accompanied by trumpet, string bass and drums.
More definitions of string bassDefinition of string bass in:
- The US English dictionary