1Any of various beans eaten in their fibrous pods, especially runner beans or French beans.
- There are string beans (snap beans), green beans, purple beans and yellow beans.
- When it states that a Liégeoise salad is bacon, string beans, onions, and red bliss potatoes, that's it.
- Zinc is also abundant in spinach, parsley, collard greens, Brussels sprouts, cucumbers, string beans and prunes.
2 informal A tall, thin person.
- Alexis Rios, a string bean if there ever was one, struck out swinging against Jarrod Washburn to end the inning.
- I had a string bean body that hardly looked toned.
- I am not jealous of that geeky little string bean.
Definition of string bean in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.