- 1Any of various beans eaten in their fibrous pods, especially runner beans or French beans.More example sentences
- There are string beans (snap beans), green beans, purple beans and yellow beans.
- When it states that a Liégeoise salad is bacon, string beans, onions, and red bliss potatoes, that's it.
- Zinc is also abundant in spinach, parsley, collard greens, Brussels sprouts, cucumbers, string beans and prunes.
- 2 • informal A tall, thin person.More example sentences
- Alexis Rios, a string bean if there ever was one, struck out swinging against Jarrod Washburn to end the inning.
- I had a string bean body that hardly looked toned.
- I am not jealous of that geeky little string bean.
More definitions of string beanDefinition of string bean in:
- The US English dictionary