- A raised horizontal band or course of bricks on a building.More example sentences
- At Chepstow too, Roman tile and brick was deliberately re-used, here to form a conspicuous string course on the exterior of the Norman donjon.
- Cornices, window surrounds, and string courses all lend the building a sculptural character.
- Precast copings, window lintels, and string courses have a terra-cotta color, without exposed aggregate.
More definitions of string courseDefinition of string course in:
- The US English dictionary