noun[mass noun] US
- Cultivation in which different crops are sown in alternate strips to prevent soil erosion.More example sentences
- Organic farmers use practices such as crop rotations, intercropping, strip cropping, establishing wildlife cover and providing habitat for beneficial organisms.
- Adding tile drains, diversion ditches, and strip cropping can slow erosion, increasing both yields and the effectiveness of field operations.
- Reduced-tillage cropping systems and surface grading, in addition to contour planting and strip cropping, can also reduce pesticide runoff.
More definitions of strip croppingDefinition of strip cropping in:
- The US English dictionary