Definition of strong suit in English:
1(In bridge or whist) a holding of a number of high cards of one suit in a hand.
- The most important signals are discards to indicate to partner which is your own strong suit, and leads to indicate the strength of your trumps.
- If partner indicated only one strong suit you must begin with your highest card of that suit.
1.1 (one's strong suit) Something at which one excels: compassion is not Jack’s strong suit
More example sentences
- This also tells your partner what your strong suit is so he can play to it.
- His decision-making was never considered a strong suit, but arm strength always got him by.
- For Beam at least, lyrical specificity isn't just a strong suit, it's sometimes a saving grace.
Definition of strong suit in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.