- Using or characterized by force or violence: they were furious at what they said were government strong-arm tacticsMore example sentences
- Today's unions are employing the same strong-arm tactics used to oppress the industrial work force of the 19th century.
- Some human right organisations tried to defy the whip on September 21, but they were terrorised by the strong-arm tactics of the upper castes.
- This is a typical example of a large company trying to use strong-arm tactics to force an asset out of the hands of an individual.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Use force or violence against: the culprit shouted before being strong-armed out of the doorMore example sentences
- We won't be strong-armed by bullies and threats.
- He has strong-armed the media, intimidated opponents and sanctioned massive extrajudicial killings of supposed drug dealers.
- Suppose the casino threatened to close its doors if the government strong-armed it.