- A wind of force 9 on the Beaufort scale (41-47 knots or 75-87 km/h).More example sentences
- And it's possible it could become what we call extra tropical, but it would still be a very strong gale force storm at that time.
- It's hard to tell if it was from strong gale force winds or if it was some sort of tornadic activity.
- An exceptionally strong gale of wind blew through and uprooted an old palm tree.
More definitions of strong galeDefinition of strong gale in:
- The US English dictionary