- Interaction at short distances between certain subatomic particles mediated by the strong force.More example sentences
- They are the electromagnetic interaction, the weak interaction and the strong interaction.
- Quantum chromodynamics is the theory of the strong interaction that binds protons and neutrons together to form atomic nuclei.
- The electroweak and strong interactions coexist in a combined theory of the fundamental interactions called the standard model.
More definitions of strong interactionDefinition of strong interaction in:
- The US English dictionary