Definition of strong-minded in English:
Not easily influenced by others; resolute and determined: a strong-minded, independent woman
More example sentences
- The influence of his strong-minded mother, who died when he was only 9, always remained with him.
- On the contrary, Berlinger is spiky and strong-minded, the archetypal independent filmmaker.
- The director of the local paper factory, an independent and strong-minded man, stood with the presidium.
determined, firm, resolute, resolved, purposeful, purposive, sure, self-disciplined, strong-willed, uncompromising, unyielding, unbending, unwavering, unswerving, unfaltering, unshakeable, inexorable, forceful, persistent, persevering, tenacious, dogged, stubborn;
dedicated, committed, stalwart;
North American rock-ribbed
- Example sentences
- Just as his light verse is based on strong-mindedness, so his kindness was based on courage.
- Lucy's feminist strong-mindedness, in addition to her grace at the tea table, is in fact to her credit.
- To deprive your country of a batsman of epic strong-mindedness for the sake of a big gesture would not be appropriate to Hussain's career.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.