- A defensive back positioned opposite the strong side who usually covers the tight end.More example sentences
- The team set out to find a strong safety, a tight end and a backup defensive tackle with its three picks.
- He is listed as a strong safety but also lines up at linebacker, cornerback, free safety and at the line of scrimmage.
- Given the weak defensive line, strong safety is an important position.
More definitions of strong safetyDefinition of strong safety in:
- The US English dictionary