Definition of strong suit in English:
1(In bridge or whist) a holding of a number of high cards of one suit in a hand.
- The most important signals are discards to indicate to partner which is your own strong suit, and leads to indicate the strength of your trumps.
- If partner indicated only one strong suit you must begin with your highest card of that suit.
1.1 (one's strong suit) Something at which one excels: compassion is not Jack’s strong suit
More example sentences
- This also tells your partner what your strong suit is so he can play to it.
- His decision-making was never considered a strong suit, but arm strength always got him by.
- For Beam at least, lyrical specificity isn't just a strong suit, it's sometimes a saving grace.
Definition of strong suit in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan