Definition of stubby in English:
adjective (stubbier, stubbiest)
Short and thick: Bob pointed with a stubby finger
More example sentences
- She was very small, with short, stubby fingers and almost-chubby hands.
- I have fairly large hands, but with short stubby fingers just long enough to be able to use a semiauto of this size.
- Short, stubby fingers alone can't account for Galen's broaching the second knuckle.
noun (plural stubbies)Australian /NZ informal Back to top
1A squat bottle of beer typically holding 375 cl.
- Sunday's lazy morning was given a go-by as the guests gathered, many of them caressing the beer stubbies.
- They were out of stubbies, so I substituted with beer on tap.
- Although the sounds were soothing, I felt a bit crook having mixed too many stubbies with the spaghetti matriciana I had for tea.
2 (Stubbies) trademark A pair of men’s brief shorts.
- As someone happiest in a pair of Stubbies from the local menswear store, we don't understand the fashion palaver.
- He dresses badly - stubbies, thongs - has a beer gut, missing teeth, missing hair.
- When I came to Darwin, you had a slab over your shoulder, you wore black stubbies, thongs and blue t-shirt, or singlet.
- Example sentences
- For those who want, you can take the insert which contains the stubbily and studly Kaji and put him on the front cover instead.
- Might I suggest you shave the night before, nice and smooth for the ladies, stubbily for the morning/day ahead.
- I think it made it even redder and much more noticeable and when the hair started to grow back it was stubbily and felt spiky.
- Example sentences
- Ward, flying by his side, looked like a graceful raven in the wind had it not been for the stubbiness of his wings.
- The impression of stubbiness will quickly morph into an appreciation for this solid-feeling notebook.
- Ella was used to Lena's stubbiness, the way she seemed to bump up unsuccessfully against adulthood.
Words that rhyme with stubbychubby, clubby, cubby, grubby, hubby, nubby, scrubby, shrubby, tubby
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.