- The shape of the headrest follows Zulu style, but brightly coloured plastics, insulation tape and metal studs decorate the core.
- Heeled clogs were lined with sheepskin while knee-high boots with a six-inch wooden heel were patterned with metal studs.
- The bike look is not heavy leather with metal studs, but usually clothes made with lightweight synthetic fiber and pants that end mid-calf.
- The collection included a wide range of jewellery such as necklaces, earrings, bangles, studs, broaches and mangalsutra.
- Diamond stud earrings are timeless and go with just about anything.
- Diamond earrings and studs are the most versatile and wonderful accessory that can give an aristocratic look.
- By the same token, try to use studs to fasten your tuxedo shirt rather than the plastic buttons already on the shirt.
- She returned the favor by working the studs from his dress shirt.
- He put on his tux shirt and slowly plugged the studs.
- He just went to turn inside during the game and his studs stuck in the ground.
- The studs of my boot got caught in the turf and my leg just gave way.
- Your studs go into the ground, your knee goes one way but your foot stays where it is.
- In real winter conditions the studs provide great traction, but when the temperatures warm up it can be very hard on both tyres and studs.
- Cars run on skinny snow tyres in Sweden, with sharp studs to penetrate the icy surface and find good grip underneath.
- This gravel can rip out tyre studs, making the roads even more difficult than usual.
- Extensive guardrails, new road markings, road studs and road signs were installed.
- ‘It's in line with a row of studs on the road and doesn't move,’ he said.
- Special glow-in-the-dark road studs installed on the A12 at a cost of £36,000 may have to be replaced after just one year.
- The heads of nails, or dry wall screws, used to fasten plaster-board to studs often pop out.
- One word of caution - not all moldings are nailed directly into the studs.
- Place nail guards over studs to protect wires and pipes.
- Haven't you noticed each time you rivet another row of studs into that protective armour, how life slides by and slams you?
- Super Stud ATV tire chains are made of case-hardened alloy chain, and uses two studs on every other link for maximum traction.
verb (studs, studding, studded)[with object]
- The cylindrical nave columns are studded with gold mosaic and alternating geometrically decorated capitals.
- They are studded with stones and plastic gems, also sometimes with ribbons and glittering fabric paints to enhance the look.
- To add to the attraction, they are studded with chocolate gems.
- Some 600 teddies, variously decorated by artists, stud the streets of Zurich and its airport in the ‘Teddy-Summer’ project.
- Mongia's half century was studded with five fours and two sixes.
- Never one to back away from a fight, his political career was studded with duels and bloody street brawls.
Old English studu, stuthu 'post, upright prop'; related to German stützen 'to prop'. The sense 'ornamental metal knob' arose in late Middle English.
Words that rhyme with studblood, bud, crud, cud, dud, flood, Judd, mud, rudd, scud, spud, sudd, thud
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: stud
- There you have the state run studs and bigger breeding programs.
- Taylor Made Farm has raised the stud fee of Grade 1 winner Forestry to $75,000 for 2005.
- The farm also reduced the stud fees on three of its stallions.
- Backsberg also has a goat stud of the famous Swiss Saanen bloodline.
- In the meantime they provided a stud of beef bulls not be equalled on the British Isles.
- It was one of South Africa's prominent Holstein studs at that time.
- Pat brought in a second horse, Liberty Major, a stud horse discarded for being dull, stupid, and unwilling.
- Williamson pushed his stud horse up to the challenge.
- As long as people think there is someone prepared to pay $1 million for a foal, studs can charge hefty fees and their owners can live playboy lives.
- We're not sexual super studs, just ordinary, everyday people and if we can do it, why can't you?
- I'm kissed and hugged and pinched by the studs, the bartenders, the drag queens, but that's it.
- Would it be fair for someone my age to try to wed a young stud like him?
- It will have 16 tables for roulette, black jack, stud poker, dice and ponto banco.
- Corruption, where there are both hidden and exposed cards, as in stud poker, is a game of bluffing and intimidation.
- We're playing sing stud poker with two decks!
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: stud
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.