Definition of study hall in English:
noun[mass noun] North American
1The period of time in a school curriculum set aside for the preparation of schoolwork: we were together only in study hall and at lunchtime
More example sentences
- My day couldn't have been better until Sean came up to me during 6th period study hall, the last class of the day.
- During last period Veruca and Caleb were sitting in study hall talking.
- I just had to find a way of hiding it from my teachers to make them think I was studying in study hall.
1.1A schoolroom used for study.
- Then we follow him to a classroom, to the dining hall, the playroom, study hall, the chapel, his room and finally the infirmary, where Stephen goes after he wakes up sick one morning.
- So instead of sitting in study hall like I was supposed to, I took a hall pass and left in search of something to do.
- My only time to talk freely in school besides study hall.
Definition of study hall in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan