- Extremely impressive or attractive: she looked stunningMore example sentences
remarkable, extraordinary, staggering, incredible, impressive, outstanding, amazing, astonishing, marvellous, phenomenal, splendid, imposing, breathtaking, thrilling• informal mind-boggling, mind-blowing, out of this world, fabulous, fab, super, fantastic, tremendous• literary wondrousbeautiful, handsome, attractive, lovely, good-looking, comely, pretty, sexy; sensational, radiant, ravishing, striking, dazzling, devastating, wonderful, marvellous, magnificent, glorious, breathtaking, captivating, bewitching, charming, alluring, exquisite, impressive, splendid; Scottish & Northern English bonny• informal gorgeous, drop-dead gorgeous, out of this world, fabulous, fab, smashing, super, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, easy on the eye, knockoutNorth American • informal bootylicious• literary beauteous• rare pulchritudinous
- My new temporary home in Encinitas was quite superb, walking distance away from stunning California beaches.
- Eddie's stunning Donegal girlfriend Michelle Doherty was also present.
- Finally tonight, the Mars rover Opportunity today sent stunning new images of Mars back to earth.
- More example sentences
- It's almost worth taking a trip down the line stopping off at every station just to admire the stunningly impressive use of concrete.
- Of course, kudos must go to Stephen Higgins on the harpsichord but I was stunningly impressed by the clarinet section.
- The Yorkshire Dales were also stunningly revealed in the film Calendar Girls which prompted a flurry of visitors.