noun[mass noun] • informal
- The practice of casting a famous actor or other celebrity in a small role in order to publicize or promote a television programme, film, or play: stunts aside, there’s a bit of stunt casting in the picture that has also attracted attentionMore example sentences
- Currently into its third season, American Dreams has garnered attention for the stunt casting of real-life stars in the roles of authentic musical performers on the show.
- This was one of those theaters that imports TV stars to intermingle with local actors and if you look over their list of past productions, you'll see some fascinating bits of stunt casting.
- It could've been condescending, an act of pure stunt casting, and just turned out insulting and wrong.
More definitions of stunt castingDefinition of stunt casting in:
- The US English dictionary