- A dome-shaped building erected as a Buddhist shrine.More example sentences
- Drawing closer, you could see the clutter of centuries of Buddhist veneration: stupas, Buddha images and incense-blackened shrines.
- At first, the Kushans attacked Buddhism but eventually they became great patrons, building many monasteries and stupas.
- Aihole is one of those remarkable sites that span time and has evidence of dolmens, Buddhist chaityas and stupas, Jain and Hindu temples.
from Sanskrit stūpa.
More definitions of stupaDefinition of stupa in:
- The US English dictionary