nounBack to top
- A stupefacient drug.More example sentences
- In his column George Will wrote that our yearly consumption of stupefacients amounts to $50 billion.
- Regarding analgesics, he was remarkably current: ‘The most powerful of the stupefacients is opium.’
- Although some local fishers were trained by foreign fishers to use cyanide as a stupefacient, others found that they could catch live food reef fish using traditional methods, or variations of them.
mid 17th century: from Latin stupefacient- 'stupefying', from the verb stupefacere.
More definitions of stupefacientDefinition of stupefacient in:
- The US English dictionary