Extremely impressive: the most stupendous views
More example sentences
- Perched on at least three different levels, it enjoys a stupendous view over the Nile south of Aswan city centre.
- We climbed the mountain for stupendous views of the west coast.
- I noticed out the window an absolutely stupendous view over Westminster.
amazing, astounding, astonishing, extraordinary, remarkable, wonderful, prodigious, phenomenal, staggering, breathtaking
informal fantastic, mind-boggling, mind-blowing, great, terrific, awesome, unreal, amazeballs
- [as submodifier]: a stupendously talented playerMore example sentences
- We have two buildings by that architect here in town; one is a rip-off of an old Roman temple in France - er, Gaul - and the other is a stupendously bad monolith on Washington Avenue.
- Here's a trade secret that could get this column suspended from journalism's equivalent of the Magic Circle: there is a way to be stupendously well informed without reading absolutely everything.
- Myself, I'm mostly haunted by retrospectively realising that what made perfect sense at the time was actually stupendously wrong and/or offensive and/or thoughtless.
- Example sentences
- Old as the hills - and, as I look out upon the tortured granite peaks of Mogok, I endeavor to appreciate the stupendousness of that antiquity.
- My imagination is to an extent crushed by the stupendousness of reality.
- The company's tendency to choke a good idea with too many embellishments wasn't so much held in check here as surrendered to the stupendousness of the place.
Mid 16th century: from Latin stupendus 'to be wondered at' (gerundive of stupere) + -ous.
Words that rhyme with stupendoushorrendous, tremendous
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: stu¦pen|dous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.