Definition of stupendous in English:
Extremely impressive: the most stupendous views
More example sentences
- Perched on at least three different levels, it enjoys a stupendous view over the Nile south of Aswan city centre.
- We climbed the mountain for stupendous views of the west coast.
- I noticed out the window an absolutely stupendous view over Westminster.
- [as submodifier]: a stupendously talented playerMore example sentences
- We have two buildings by that architect here in town; one is a rip-off of an old Roman temple in France - er, Gaul - and the other is a stupendously bad monolith on Washington Avenue.
- Here's a trade secret that could get this column suspended from journalism's equivalent of the Magic Circle: there is a way to be stupendously well informed without reading absolutely everything.
- Myself, I'm mostly haunted by retrospectively realising that what made perfect sense at the time was actually stupendously wrong and/or offensive and/or thoughtless.
- Example sentences
- Old as the hills - and, as I look out upon the tortured granite peaks of Mogok, I endeavor to appreciate the stupendousness of that antiquity.
- My imagination is to an extent crushed by the stupendousness of reality.
- The company's tendency to choke a good idea with too many embellishments wasn't so much held in check here as surrendered to the stupendousness of the place.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India