Definition of style sheet in English:
1 (also style guide) A manual detailing the house style of a particular publisher, publication, etc.
- A resolution was passed suggesting that the ship's newspaper be turned over entirely to scholarly articles printed according to the rules of the MLA stylesheet.
- Even more wonderfully, his natural mode of expression was at odds with that paper's style guide.
- I think the fact that I read the style guide sets me apart from everyone who actually writes for the Express.
2 Computing A type of template file consisting of font and layout settings to give a standardized look to certain documents.
- If a user views an xls file using the XML style sheet, it's quite easy for an attacker to run or call executable code.
- By placing these instructions in a style sheet, the document instance is freed from the burden of carrying format information.
- And again, as always, we can apply a rough style sheet to this document, and slap a bit of mascara on that otherwise unimpressive wall of serifs.
Definition of style sheet in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.