Definition of style sheet in English:
1 (also style guide) A manual detailing the house style of a particular publisher, publication, etc.
- Style sheets for manuscript preparation are available on the NACTA web page or are available upon request.
- Even consider drawing up a house style sheet for the magazine, spelling out whether certain words are always hyphenated, capitals always used for others and so on.
- A resolution was passed suggesting that the ship's newspaper be turned over entirely to scholarly articles printed according to the rules of the MLA stylesheet.
2 Computing A type of template file consisting of font and layout settings to give a standardized look to certain documents.
- If a user views an xls file using the XML style sheet, it's quite easy for an attacker to run or call executable code.
- By placing these instructions in a style sheet, the document instance is freed from the burden of carrying format information.
- And again, as always, we can apply a rough style sheet to this document, and slap a bit of mascara on that otherwise unimpressive wall of serifs.
Definition of style sheet in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.