Definition of stylistic in English:
Of or concerning style, especially literary style: the stylistic conventions of magazine stories
More example sentences
- Though he is predominantly a satirist, the main stylistic influence on his work is W. H. Auden.
- Rushdie's borrowings from Dante consist of topographical and stylistic devices.
- In addition to vivid imagery, another shared stylistic trait is that of pastiche.
- Example sentences
- Three years ago a student of mine wrote a collection of poems, in what might still be termed the confessional mode, at least stylistically.
- This stylistically dense essay is neo-Marxist in tone and mode of analysis.
- Poets competed with the Qur'an, striving to surpass it stylistically.
Mid 19th century: from stylist, suggested by German stilistisch.
Definition of stylistic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.