noun[treated as singular]
- The study of the distinctive styles found in particular literary genres and in the works of individual writers.More example sentences
- In exploring the relationship between Emerson, Whitman, and Li-Young Lee, Partridge asserts that Lee as an artist is nourished by the stylistics of Emerson's and Whitman's transcendentalism.
- The stylistics are invitations to readerly involvement.
- Theories of a historical baroque period, as well as those of a resurgence of baroque ideology and stylistics, are both valid.
More definitions of stylisticsDefinition of stylistics in:
- The US English dictionary