- A slender projection of bone, such as that from the lower surface of the temporal bone of the skull, or those at the lower ends of the ulna and radius.More example sentences
- The normal course of the internal carotid artery in an adult sees the vessel enter the petrous temporal bone medial to the styloid process via the carotid canal.
- A third muscle, the styloglossus, arises from the front and lower end of the styloid process and is innervated by the twelfth cranial nerve (hypoglossal).
- The ulna styloid process was readily identifiable in all children, and its identification was not limited by wrist contracture.
More definitions of styloid processDefinition of styloid process in:
- The US English dictionary