- From or forming part of the African regions south of the Sahara desert.More example sentences
- Blackcaps spending the summer in northern and eastern Europe are wholly migratory and winter south to sub-Saharan Africa.
- It's the introduction of an electronic medical record in one of the poorest regions of sub-Saharan Africa.
- I mean, how bad is it compared with other regions in sub-Saharan Africa that are also in need?
More definitions of sub-SaharanDefinition of sub-Saharan in:
- The US English dictionary