noun (plural sub-assemblies)
- A unit assembled separately but designed to be incorporated with other units into a larger manufactured product.More example sentences
- Because the whole firing mechanism housing can be simply removed from the frame by hand, it's both easily maintained and repaired in the field and as a separate sub-assembly, vastly simplifies production of the pistol itself.
- He said the way to win new business is to make complex, highly-engineered modules that range from sub-assemblies to vehicles that are completely developed, engineered and assembled by Magna Steyr.
- They share structures, platform, parts and sub-assemblies, yet their separate bodies make them Peugeots, Citroëns and Toyotas.
More definitions of sub-assemblyDefinition of sub-assembly in:
- The US English dictionary